Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Power of Attitude

With the beginning of the new year and the recent developments in my life...I've done a lot of reflecting and have decided that... it's time for me to decide if this is the way I want to live.
I have been trying to live my life on an upbeat note....with faith, joy and laughter as a main component. But I have let certain things influence too much of my day and drag me down with negative emotions. I'm not going to let someone else decide what my day will be like. I m tired of all the negativity that surrounds me. I can choose to count my blessings or my sorrows.....It is up to me.
When I wake up every morning I have a choice of how I want to live my day. I am in control of my life, and I will decide what kind of day I will have.
The Bible even tells me that I will be joyful if I want to live that way in Philippians 4:8, "finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable; if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things."
And that is exactly how I want to think. I want to be joyful and full of laughter and it's all up to me.......it's all in my power........it's all in my hands.
I have a wonderful family and a loving husband....who could want more. I am going to spend each day rejoicing in its beauty and thanking God for granting me another day of life on this beautiful earth. And I'm going to do it with a lot of smiles and laughter.

5 comments:

Motherkitty said...

I've always said, keep the negative people the heck away from me. You don't need them.

Positive attitudes rub off on people and people want to be around you if you exude happiness. Who wants to listen to nastiness, hatred, whining, accusations, or negativity? Not I.

I want to look at the trees, plants, flowers, walk in the grass, love my grandchildren, swim in the pool, prepare nice food for people, and be appreciative of all the nice things in my life.

So, who can blame you if you are going to take charge of your life and decide you only want the positive not the negative? I say, if they're negative, that's their problem not yours. Be happy and only surround yourself with happy people.

Motherkitty said...

Here's a little song that should become your mantra:

DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY
Bobby McFerrin
Written by Bobby McFerrin

- released July 1988
- reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1989
- featured in the movie "Cocktail" starring Tom Cruise

Here's a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note-for-note
Don't worry, be happy
In every life we have some trouble
But when you worry, you make it double
Don't worry, be happy Don't worry, be happy now

Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo hoo-hoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-woo-oo-woo-oo-ooo Be happy
Woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo hoo-hoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Be happy
Woo-oo-woo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy
The landlord say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, (ha-ha ha-ha ha-ha) be happy (look at me, I'm happy)

Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Be happy
Oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo (Here, I'll give you my phone number. When you're
worried, call me. I'll make you happy.)
Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo Be happy
Woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo

Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got no gal to make you smile
But don't worry, be happy
'Cause when you're worried, your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy Don't worry, be happy now

Ooo-oo-hoo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Be happy
Woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo Be happy
Woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

Now there, is this song I wrote
I hope you learned it note-for-note, like good little children
Don't worry, be happy
A-listen to a-what I say
In your life, expect some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy, be happy now

Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Be happy
Oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

Ooo-oo-hoo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Be happy
Woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

Ooo-oo-hoo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, don't worry
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't do it, be happy
Oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Put a smile on your face
Don't bring everybody down like
this
Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo It will soon pass, whatever it
is
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

(fading...)
Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo I'm not worried
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo I'm happy
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-ooo

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That's funny....
I'm laughing (ha ha ha)
Thanks for the chuckle Motherkitty.

Alipurr said...

i was reading this thinking, did she write this, or me? This sounds exactly like the things i tell myself all the time. I am glad you started to write this blog, as I am hoping to get to know you a lot better. I love you...

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Alipurr,
I'm glad I started this blog too...it also gives me a chance to get to know you better on a day to day basis. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

At the present time, I'm writing down in a journal, what I can remember of my growing up. So far I am only to age 5. I was thinking that it might be just a bit too boring to post, since I'm not a very colorful writer.