Monday, January 02, 2006

Single Husband?

Ever since I bought this computer my husband feels like he is single and living alone. He no longer has to fight me for the use of the big screen TV. He's got it all to himself and our cats have taken over his old TV room with the little TV.

Last night around midnight he came into my computer room and asked me what I was doing? I said, "writing" and he said, "what?" "Just things," I said, "whatever I feel like writing. Nothing in particular." He looked disgusted, walked out and went to bed. I shut things down and followed.

The house has been totally forgotten. It's just a big mess. My husband does it all. I don't mean the house is really messy. I mean that I have totally abandoned things around the house and have totally absorbed myself in this computer. During the night, while I am supposed to be sleeping, I lay awake thinking about what I could be doing on my computer instead of sleeping. Well, that did it! I decided that I am going to have to ration myself an allotted time on the computer and that's that.

So here I am at 4:30 am, on a Sunday morning, getting my time in before anyone wakes up.
........................

Well, that was written last March and now I have my blog to think about. Coming up with something new to write about everyday will be a challenge......but I'm sure it will be fun.

I just noticed that my "Posted" time is wrong. My husband informed me that I'm operating on Pasadena time.

3 comments:

Motherkitty said...

Thus is the power of the blogging addiction. It dominates your waking and sleeping thoughts. Even if no one ever read your blog, you would still be obsessed with always thinking about what you are going to write come the dawn.

You can change your clock time by going into your settings.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Motherkitty, thanks for the suggestion about the time. I tried it and I THINK I now have the right time.

I would have never got this blog off the ground if it wasn't for the help of good bloggers like yourself & Tomas who has also been a great help to me.

Thank you.

Alipurr said...

I was reading this entry and thinking, is this mine? I find that blog-checking is my current quick fix escape. I tell myself, check quickly, just a minute, and then the next thing you know it's an hour later