Monday, May 29, 2006

Remembering Sunday Pleasures

Yesterday was a very warm sunny day and since we made no plans for anything special, we decided to go for a ride on the motorcycle. It was a very pleasant ride and my husband took us to a cool shady road to ride on…it was about 10 to 15 degrees cooler and felt like you were in an air conditioned room…but not a cold room. *VBS*
On our ride we passed by this newly constructed covered bridge, which is privately owned. It was very pretty with 6 window openings, which all had hanging plants in them. We also passed by a very old walk bridge that was almost all destroyed by the ravages of time...not much left to photograph, so I didn’t.
After our ride we met The Bear Family at the Dairy Queen for something to eat and ice cream afterwards.
After finishing our ice cream all of us went to meet with Brother Bear and his girlfriend, Jessica.
Back home again this is Baby Bear playing in the hammock with his new ball.
Baby Bear enjoying the hammock in his own usual way...upside down, backwards and sometimes on the ground. *S*
Here is Baby Bear balancing on his new ball. Unfortunately for Baby Bear, his new ball hit a sharp branch in the sycamore tree and blew into smitherings…POP! He really loved that ball too.

Little sister, Suzanne also came by to visit with us and The Four Bears. Sunday was one of those very relaxed, enjoyable days with nothing planned…things just happened. Don’t you just love those kinds of days?

14 comments:

TUFFENUF said...

Yes I do love those kind of days! When I read your blog I miss having a motorcycle. Maybe I should rent one, just for old times sake. I know that you can rent Harleys now, but I might get hooked again!

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That bridge reminds me of a movie I once saw .... Bridges on Madison County. It is not very much the same but almost.

squire said...

Thanks for sharing the bridge. It is very lovely.

Carole Burant said...

I've always loved covered bridges but unfortunately we don't have them around my area...at one time I was planning on going to Pennsylvania and doing the tour of the many covered bridges there but unfortunately my plans fell through. Sounds like you had a fun relaxing day...sometimes those unplanned ones are the best:-)

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I failed to mention that the covered bridge is in Madison County and this particular piece of property appears to have more than one, as I could see one off in the distance. Also the bridge matched the architecture of the other bldgs. on the farm.

Finn said...

Sounds like a perfect day Sandy, with your lovely family..*VBS* Much to be thankful for, Hugs, Finn

Susie said...

There's nothing better than time with family...

Hunter said...

What a great day. Thank you for sharing it Sandy.

Darilyn

Jellyhead said...

Those kinds of days are so often the best!

... Paige said...

I wondered what that pop was, now I know. Glad yall had such good weather. We have been a bit overcast & somewhat moist. Ok Ok the sky was melting. Togetherness is a very good thing.

SuzieG said...

What a very good picture! I was wondering if anyone knows why the bridges were made covered? It would be a bit of interesting trivia, ya know... I think that springtime in Kentucky must be a wonderous sight. And sharing spring with the 'bears' is even better. Lol. Where's Goldilocks though?

Rachel said...

I love the covered bridge and with the windows and flowers too. How neat is that!! I'll bet Baby Bear was surprised when that ball popped!

doubleknot said...

What a nice day you all had. Why are the bridges covered? I may have to google that and see what I can find out.
Aw, shucks, can Baby Bear get a new ball? He looked like he was really enjoying that one.

Merle said...

HI sqandy ~~ I am glad you enjoyed the
Doggie post. I have another one to post
later on. The photo of Peter is very good, he looks good in it and it was only last year.
Glad you had a great weekend.
Take care, Merle.