Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Off to buy veggie plants....

Not too much going on around here yet, it's still early. Jimmy is out mowing the yard and although this picture shows him in the front yard he's actually still mowing in the backyard right now. This picture was taken last week and the leaves on the trees are out enough now that you can't see the house for the trees.

I've spent some of the morning picking out some pictures to put on facebook when I should have been taking a shower and getting myself ready to go buy some tomato and other veggie plants. Jimmy plowed up a small portion of the yard for a vegetable garden and we need to get it planted this afternoon just in time for the predicted rain.

The yard wouldn't even need mowing because the grass is fine, it's just those dandylion stems sticking up all over the place that make the lawn look shabby.

It's already beginning to feel rainy, and with all of the windows open there's a nice cool breeze blowing through the house with a slight scent of freshly mowed grass.

It's really starting to get beautiful around Kentucky again. It's beginning to green up everywhere with each passing day. You can practically see the leaves growing if you sit still long enough.

My baby brother Gilbert (he likes to be called Gil now) has joined us on facebook and we're all now one big extended family. It's nice to log on and be able to see what everyone is doing around the United States and to be able to chat with them. Gil and I had a nice "live" chat using facebook's instant messenger which is really nice. Although we have kept up with each other throughout the years it's nice to see him here. For those of you who don't know....Gil is my half brother, his father was my father too.

Well....it's really now time for me to go. I need to get some things done.

Love you

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't forget the raspberry plants hehe

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I miss the raspberry vines too Sharon since Jimmy mowed them down. We were just talking about setting some more out because they grow so well and produce so many berries...enough to supply everyone with fresh berries.

I miss all my fruit and would have every kind of fruit tree & bush growing in my yard if only they would grow here.

TUFFENUF said...

Well, everyone is going to Facebook and seem to be neglecting their blogs! Good to know that you are still around. I enjoy reading your blog! Hope you are enjoying a nice Spring!!!