Sunday, July 18, 2010

D-day

Does anyone know what the "D" in D-day stands for? I know when they launched an invasion on Normandy they called it D-day, but that's about all I know.
So much for my title and don't ask me why I used it because it just sounded like a good title for today. Perhaps we're about to be invaded. What do you think?

That red, white & blue birdhouse to the left was something I bidded on in a silent auction a few years ago which I found stored away for safe keeping in one of our buildings. A little bird family moved in this Spring, and it does look nice in our neighbors yard, but I wish he would have turned the holes so that we could see the birds going in and out.

The Eagle has landed --- This might be a good title for my next post.






1 comment:

Motherkitty said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-Day_%28military_term%29