Thursday, February 17, 2011

Preview of coming attractions

Today was a perfect day.  The temp got up to 70 degrees and it was a terrific day for a ride.  When we, (Ron, Jimmy & I), started out there wasn't a cloud in the sky, but as we went west, clouds appeared out of nowhere, so I turned south to where I could see nothing but blue skies.  I called our friend Rachel and she met us at Golden Corral and invited us to come visit her next time we're in the area again.  We always enjoy our visits with Rachel.

When I got home I did as Rachel had suggested. I checked my daffodils.  And sure enough, they have sprouted and are about 3 inches tall.  And, that's a sure sign of spring! That it's closer than we think and I can't wait to see more plants sprouting and the trees budding out.  Ron hasn't seen our spring blossoms and how beautiful spring time in Kentucky can be.  He'll be so amazed, and I can't wait to ride with him in the spring.  The only thing that I ask is for Jimmy to be our leader, because he knows the roads much better than I do and he knows how to get from one place to another, taking the long scenic routes.

No comments: