Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Frustration has set in and it's time to stop

I have been without a laptop since September 2012, so today I decided I would get out my little Gateway netbook and clean it up.  I was very surprised to find that its virus protection was still in effect since it ran out in December of 2012, I assumed.  I guess with all that has been going on these past two years, I didn't notice that it had automatically updated and bought itself another year of protection.

Almost as soon as I had plugged it in and turned it on, it found my new printer and said that it needed a new printer update.....so of course, I clicked on it to go ahead and update.  That was my first mistake, and of course not to be my last.

You would think that by now I would know how to clean things up, but it's much like cleaning out an old closet.  As you go through things, and even though you've told yourself that you're going to throw things out or uninstall programs, you look at each program and say to yourself, "I can't do without that!" and there you are with a slow running laptop.

I will try this again tomorrow or better yet, ask someone else to clean it up for me.

No comments: