Monday, January 26, 2015

the cats

Another unexpected snowfall early this morning, that was unexpected to me that is. When I fell asleep last night it was raining, so the dusting of snow that we received came as quite a surprise. It'll melt just as our previous snow melted, because the temps will be above freezing later this afternoon. It's a good day to stay in, wash a load of clothes, do a little vacuuming, dust and maybe even sweep the floors. Do I have any volunteers to come over and mop? I didn't think so. Oh well, I guess it's up to me unless I can get one of the cats to jump in soapy water and wallow all over the floor.

Nothing in particular has been going on around here. I've gotten a couple of unexpected and welcomed phone calls from distant family members. By distant, I mean that they live far away, as in miles.

Things are going as you would expect for someone who has just been widowed in the last three or so months. I still don't want to leave the house and most days I don't. I have my cats to take care of and who comfort me when I need it. If it wasn't for them I don't know how I would have handled this whole thing. They have kept me grounded and busy looking after them like a bunch of little messy kids. They need me and I need them right now, and no one understands that. I keep the house clean for them because anyone who has cats knows that cats like things clean.

That's about all I have to say for today.

No comments: