Thursday, January 12, 2017

Good Morning

Today is another overcast day with some expected rain, but right now at 9:00 a.m. it is a balmy 63 degrees which isn't bad for a January winter morning.

I've been spending my days playing cards with friends, which helps to spend the time in a very enjoyable way.  We eat, drink pop, coffee and play Rummy.  As of late, someone very close to me has taken up the interest of playing checkers, so we are looking for a very inexpensive checkerboard.  The old fashioned 1960 vintage red and black Crown plastic checkers are on their way, and my friend is attempting to make a checkerboard.  We'll see how that goes.

I'm thankful, especially thankful this morning for this new day that God has granted me to live, and to do better.  Sometimes I'm short tempered.  I have a short fuse, but I'm getting better at not letting things worry me so much.  I used to lose sleep over things that don't amount to a hill of beans, but now these same things just roll off my back.  For that I thank God for helping me cope.  I also thank God for my good health and for the good health of others and also those that are not so blessed with good health.  I say a prayer for those and for everyone who needs prayer.

My life, since the death of my husband Jimmy, hasn't rolled on the right track and got detoured somewhere along the line, but I think I'm finally back on the right track heading in the right direction again, or so it seems to be.  We just never know do we?  Anyway, whatever direction I'm heading in, I'm going to enjoy it to its fullest.  

No comments: