Friday, June 22, 2018

Aging

I'm starting to feel some aches and pains and I'm not as young as this baby bird anymore.
My knees are beginning to give me some problems with walking up stairs, especially my left knee that was injured when I fell on a wet floor at McDonald's about 3 years ago.  At the time it just got bruised and didn't cause me much pain, but it has progressively gotten worse to the point that it really hurts to walk at times and especially to walk up the front steps to enter my house. 

Yesterday I mowed and Rick weedeated at his Calico property and afterwards my left knee was sore.  Usually I'm fine after pushing a mower, but not today.  It's rainy and wet outside, so maybe that has something to do with my knees being sore, or maybe I'm just getting old.........

*Rick took the picture of the baby hawk late yesterday afternoon.  It apparently fell out of its nest and I'm sure that mama hawk is feeding it while it's on the ground.  It was sure cute and not a bit afraid of us.  We only took pictures and didn't bother it any further.

No comments: