Friday, January 04, 2019

Glad that Christmas is over.

WHEW!  I'm glad the Christmas holidays are over with.  I don't know about anyone else, but I just can't seem to muster up any Christmas cheer since the death of Jimmy.  I try.  I listen to Christmas music starting in early November, and sometimes I listen to it all year long, but it doesn't help when December 25th rolls around.  The Christmas Spirit for me is just not there.  

I did experience a bit of happiness while shopping with my son Brian for some components of some engineering project that he is working on.  It made me happy to help him in some small way, but that was just this week after the holidays.  It is so weird that now that the holidays are gone I am feeling happy again.  It makes me happy to spend time with family, but it is more than that.....it is because the stress of the holiday season is gone and won't be back for another 12 months.  I'm hoping that by then, I will be better adapted and more prepared for the holidays, and that they won't throw me for a loop.

No comments: