Thursday, November 28, 2019

Verbal Abuse: I won't take it anymore

I guess I'll be spending Thanksgiving Day without the one I love this year.  Rick left to go get something to eat yesterday afternoon and he didn't return.  It's 1:24 a.m. and I am still awake.  I've mopped, cleaned things, and put things away.  He hasn't spent the night here since Nov 11th anyway.  

I couldn't wait to have him here and then all hell broke loose when he began his bullying again.  I just don't think that he realizes that he is not being cute nor funny when he criticizes me constantly.  It hurts my feelings to be treated that way, so I said something.  I told him that nobody has called me names, nor criticized me in the 3 weeks that he has been gone.  I then walked back inside and he drove away.  He had started with his criticisms almost immediately upon returning.  

I know that if I hadn't stood my ground, and refused to be treated so shabbily, he would be here now with me, but his bullying would continue.  I'm  calling it bullying, but it is actually verbal abuse.  He is constantly cutting me down and trying to make me feel bad about myself.  I won't take it anymore!  He stayed away for about 3 weeks, and even tho I was miserable and heartbroken without him here, no one bullied me and no one controlled my every move.

No comments: