Friday, April 16, 2021

Making mowing more fun

Do I look happy?  Does Rick look happy?  This should make mowing more fun and much faster to get done.  Of course we still need our riding mowers and weed-eaters to fully get the job done, but as for the flat areas it will only take this Badboy about 15-20 minutes to mow my lawn and about an hour for Rick's lawn, saving us a lot of time to do other things, like going fishing.  I hope it won't be a purchase that we will regret.  




 Not having to turn a steering wheel will be easier on us, and I love that I won't have to shift to go in reverse.  It seems that I was always shifting my riding mower and I was thinking seriously about buying a riding mower with the foot lever for reverse, but I think that we made a wise choice instead.  Rick needed a new riding mower, but I only wanted one for myself so that I wouldn't have to shift anymore, so buying two riding mowers would have actually cost more than buying this one zero turn mower.  Of course now the fight will begin.....who is going to get to mow with the zero turn?  I think I will win most of the time because I can no longer weed-eat, so I can be mowing while he is weed-eating.  Of course he will probably only weed-eat every other time like usual, and then I won't get to mow.  I guess then I will just sit in the shade, drink water, and play games or text my girls while he mows.    

I haven't got to mow with it yet and I will need some practice operating it first, but it doesn't look too hard.  Since Rick operates heavy equipment at work sometimes that uses levers, he didn't have any problem adapting to the new mower.  I have to walk with a cane lately because of my back, so we'll see if I even get to mow at all until I get better.  

No comments: