Wednesday, May 26, 2021

My Beautiful Daughters

Got to spend the day with my two girls on Monday and I loved it!

Children are a gift from God and I cherish every day that I get to talk to them, FaceTime with them, and even text with them.  It took the death of my son to open my eyes that any of us could be gone in an instant, and then we would never get to see, kiss or hug them again.  

I have always loved my children very much, but I always thought that they would always be here, so I guess you could say that I took them for granted.  No more will I do that and I plan to spend more time with them.

I love my two daughters and I am so proud of the young women that they have become.  I'm proud of the way they raised their own children with so much love and care.  I wasn't much of a role model for them, so they did it all on their own.  I didn't get to do the things I wanted to do with them because I was too busy satisfying the needs of the men in my life....with one man being the exception and I know everyone knows who he was.  I'll give you a clue.....Jimmy Wallace.

On Monday we all went out to Brian's gravesite, said our goodbye's, left a portion of his ashes there, sat in the shade and played some of his favorite songs for him, and afterwards we went to Apollo's Pizza, in Old Town Berea for a mid afternoon lunch.  I have to say that Suzanne was the only one who ate healthy, eating a garden salad.  Sharon and I did what we always do....we ordered two different things and shared each.  She ordered the smallest pizza you can order and I got a hoagie.  Sharon & I each ate pizza and one half of the hoagie, plus their homemade potato chips, so we were stuffed by the time we left there.

Suzanne had suggested we eat at Apollo's and since both Sharon & I had never been there we agreed on her choice.  The food was good there, but don't be in any hurry when you eat there, because they are slow, but then so are we :)  The great tasting food made up for their slowness, and besides we had plenty of time to enjoy each other's company, and the girls explored Apollo's outdoor eating area.  The bathroom at Apollo's was clean and they have very unusual sinks that you have to see for yourselves.  I had never seen anything like these before.

All in all what could have been a very sad day turned out to be one of the best days I've spent in a long time with my girls.  

No comments: