Friday, June 18, 2021

Brian and his apartment flowers

 Even tho Brian had very limited space to grow flowers at his small apartment, in the Spring of 2020 I drove him to Walmart and to Lowes and he bought some plants, and also two tomato plants.  I don't have a picture of his mature tomato plants, nor do I have mature pictures of all of his flowers, but I'll show you what I do have.

Brian loved his flowers and took very good care of them.  He also had a beautiful palm tree and a little tiny live Christmas tree that didn't much like the outdoors when put out.  Suzanne ended up with Brian's Christmas tree which Carson named "Charlie" short for a Charlie Brown tree, because of the way it looked.  Suzanne nursed Charlie back to health during the winter months and had planned to plant it near Brian's grave, but once again when Charlie was put outside the little tree didn't like it.  I'm sure that I have a picture of Charlie somewhere but at the moment I can't find it.  The palm tree in the picture below was bitten by a cold snap and had to be trimmed.

These are only pictures of the flowers that Brian had at his apartment and of course I have included also a couple of pictures of Brian at his apartment.  The young lady, Sharon, who lived next door to Brian wanted to keep Brian's flowers and care for them after Brian's death so we let her have them along with the flower boxes.  I wish that I would have kept his most prized flower but I was too distraught at the time to even think of flowers.

This is the view from his chair where he would sit and wait for me to arrive.





This was his prized flower.  
Brian loved the different colored blooms that it had.  
I should have kept it.


This is one of my favorite pictures of Brian
sitting in front of his apartment.
He was getting stronger and healthier and starting
to enjoy life again.



This is Brian and his scooter when he first bought it new.  He removed the little trunk behind the seat right away.  I failed to get a picture of it when he finished rebuilding it.  He changed it so much and made it his very own adding his personality to it, full of bells & whistles.  He had completely torn it apart and added so many extras to it including two alarm systems, a wifi system with speakers so that he could hear his music and answer his cell phone hands free.  He installed extra lights, painted parts of it different colors and put two large eagles with wings that looked like the American flag on each side where it once read VIP.  He made his scooter beautiful and like no other.  There are many more changes that he did, but they are too numerous to mention here.  His scooter was a 150cc which he made into a 170cc and he rebuilt the whole engine and it's inner workings.  I told him that he should just have bought himself an old used scooter to rebuild, instead of a brand new scooter that ran perfectly.  He just laughed at me and told me how much fun he was having rebuilding it and that it gave him something to do, like a hobby.  He rode it for a while until he discovered a small oil drip so he once again tore his scooter apart and fixed the leak.  Unfortunately Brian got sick and died unexpectedly before he was able to put the plastic parts back together.  He also had to buy a larger capacity or maybe a stronger battery to accommodate all the changes that he made.  The new battery sat on the floor next to his scooter when I found him in his apartment on that horrible day.  It's a day I will never forget.

No comments: