Monday, January 23, 2006

Aunt Ollie

I took this picture of my husband's beloved, Aunt Ollie Taylor, at our last Ball Family Reunion on July 31, 2005. She still was asking my husband when he was going to take her for that ride on his motorcycle. She has always wanted to take a ride, but my husband has been a little reluctant....you see, Aunt Ollie is 102 years old and will be 103 shortly. As a matter of fact...in less than a month on February 17, 2006.
Aunt Ollie has always been a spry energetic lady...quick to smile, and laugh...and just full of vitality. She always reminded me of grandmother, Mary Sue Hatcher...and I hope if I live as long as Aunt Ollie that I have the same vitality, evergy and humor as she has had all these years.
Aunt Ollie was recently hospitalized for a few days and then sent to a nursing home to recurperate. We all want to wish her a speedy recovery and to send her our love and our prayers.

5 comments:

Mackey said...

Wow!! 103 years old and still wants to go for a ride on the motorcycle?! So cool!
She doesn't look like 103 years old!!!!

Motherkitty said...

We should all be so lucky to live that long. She is so beautiful and Jimmy looks great! Thanks for posting this lovely picture.

Jellyhead said...

What a terrific lady! Thank for telling us about her - she's a real inspiration.

Franny said...

God bless you Ollie! What a lovely smile...

(As an aside, have you ever considered having Aunt Ollie's next birthday announced on the Today Show? I know Willard Scott does it for the over 100 crowd)

Alipurr said...

What a beautiful lady!