Saturday, January 21, 2006

Not Long Enough

"I Haven't Had You Long Enough"

Oh Honey, I haven't had you long enough.
Our lives are just beginning together
Don't end them so soon.
I know you feel bad,
I can see it in your eyes,
And I can feel it in your touch.
I know dying is inevitable,
But it's not time yet
So please don't give up.
We still have many places to see together,
And there are still many journeys
We have not taken.
Life wouldn't be the same without you
So please, hang on, and fight this,
Because I haven't had you long enough,
And I'm not ready to say, goodbye.

3 comments:

Motherkitty said...

I can't stand it, how can you? I know you must feel so sad. Just wanted to let you know that we are here for you and love you and Jimmy.

Alipurr said...

praying for you guys

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Thanks for your caring & thoughtful messages.

I was just in one of those melancholy moods late last night when I wrote those words on my post. I try not to go there but sometimes the thoughts just slip right in.