Monday, August 07, 2006

Getting to Know You

I’m just not fast enough…I’ve been tagged again and this time by Sue of Susie’s Space. There are five questions to this meme, so I guess it’s called the:

Five Question Meme

When did you start blogging & why?
I started blogging 7 months ago, on December 31, 2005. I didn’t intend on starting my own blog at first. My SIL called me a voyeur because I would read blogs, but never leave a comment.

I needed a blog name to be able to comment, so I named myself Abandoned in Pasadena, so that my brother would guess that the comment was from me: because who else would know this little known fact about me.

With much help & encouragement from Motherkitty & Tomas, I began posting…At first poems that I or a family member had written. I soon ran out of material that was appropriate to use and had to come up with little stories of family members.

What don’t you talk about?
I try not to talk about politics but I have been known to post a joke or two that I have found funny.

I don’t post nudity or sexually explicit jokes or pictures.

I don’t post anyone’s full name or anyone’s picture who has asked me not to put pictures of them on the blog…with one exception…Jimmy.

Are you and your blogging persona the same person?
Yes we are. What more can I say except that what you see is me.

How do you use blogging to build friendships?
I don’t purposely use blogging to build friendships. If it happens, that’s fine and I do enjoy the friendships that have developed through blogging. The behind the scenes email has been terrific, whether it’s just to explain a comment, answer a question or help someone who is having a difficult time with a blogging problem. Some friendships have grown deeper and are on a more personal level with almost daily email correspondence.

I do try to leave supportive comments on blogs that I enjoy reading but I don’t always comment on every blog that I read. My brother is the exception and I do give him a hard time sometimes with my comments, but I’m trying to do better. I love you Dennis.

If I like the content of a blog, I will read it & leave comments faithfully no matter if they never come to visit me. I understand that our writing styles & skills are different and apparently what I post is of no interest to them…and that’s ok with me…and that doesn’t stop me from going over to read their posts and leaving comments.

How would you describe your writing style?
Ragtag…I say ragtag because I usually compose my post at the moment I’m posting it. I pick out the pictures that I want to use and upload them to blogger. Once the pictures are loaded, I just write whatever pops into my head. The same goes for the episodes of Cucoo or the cats. Nothing is prepared in advance: it’s briefly thought about, but the post starts right before I hit the “Publish Post” button…I’m sure you can tell!

Now comes the great moment when I’m supposed to tag five people…I always hate this part so I’m just going to ask for volunteers. How about it? Who wants to give it a try? Just put your name in the comments and tell us that you are going to do this meme, so that we can come over to read it, and get to know you better.

10 comments:

Motherkitty said...

Yeah, yeah, blame all this blogging business on me!!! I actually called you a voyeur? I probably meant lurker but didn't know the word yet. Anyhow, I'm glad you decided to jump into the fray and get wet along with the rest of us blogger nuts. It's so much fun, isn't it?

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Motherkitty...maybe you did call me a lurker, but for some reason I remember voyeur. I'm glad you made me take the plunge and you're right...blogging is so much fun and I wouldn't give it up for all the tea in China.
It's the first thing I do when I get up and looky here, it's 3:24 a.m. and I'm still blogging. I gotta go to bed so I can get up and read some more blogs.

TJ said...

Great job on the Meme!
I recently did this and tagged Sue...lol!
I just want you to know I enjoy your blog, and am glad you decided to do it!!
:-D

Rachel said...

Your posts are always interesting Sandy with great pictures!!

I think I'll soon be coming up on a year of blogging. Amazing isn't it??

Enjoyed the meme!

Ava said...

Cool! I'm behind in posting some things I've already been tagged for, but will work on them asap!

Carole Burant said...

Great answers, Sandy, really enjoyed that!! I've been tagged by Tammy for the same MEME so I'd better get at it soon, hopefully tomorrow! We are the lucky ones that you started blogging...love coming over here and reading your posts:-)

Susie said...

Sandy,
I loved your answers! Thanks for doing this meme. I didn't know that you started blogging the day after me!
Quite a coincidence!
I always enjoy my visits here and have loved connecting to some of the bloggers you've recommended..
((hugs))

Finn said...

Hi Sandy, boy it's been tough getting down to Kentucky...really tough sledding..LOL (no snow!) *VBG*
But you know I can never stay away too long and miss the antics of Cuckoo..*G*
I like your short me-me, sounds just like you..definitely all good
!!
Eye dr. visit today, yuck, and another appt. tomorrow and again on Thursday. Would like to see the end of it..pronto!
I promise to be back with more...soon! Hugs, Finn

Pear tree cottage! said...

Sandy it s such a great way to learn a little bit more about blogger friends see you again soon. O! AND YOUR TOMOATOES ARE YUM!

Have a nice day!

Granny said...

Good job on the meme. I'll think about it but first I have to look back and make sure I haven't alredy done it.