Monday, March 09, 2009

Turn off the TV and get outside

Today has been one of the prettiest days that we've had this year. It was so beautiful outside, with just the right temperature and sunshine to warm me up as I followed Jimmy around.

The Maple Trees were all adorned with bright salmon colored flowers and looked so pretty against the back drop of the blue skies.

My neighbor has daffodils lined up in a row against our fence that are already in full bloom...they are so pretty and very dainty looking. Her daffodils are very tiny, only about 5 inches tall and much smaller than regular daffs. I'd show you mine, but they haven't even finished growing their greenery yet, let alone formed their flower buds, and are already twice the size of my neighbor's. I'll post pictures of my daffs when they're in bloom.

I've been getting out and walking to the creek and back several times a day for exercise. I didn't realize that I was so out of shape until I walked back there with Sharon one day and she asked me if I wanted to walk back to the creek AGAIN, but I couldn't, I was worn out. It's not like it's a mile back to the creek...it's just about 300 feet. Stop laughing. Isn't that pityful? I'm almost ashamed to admit that, but it's the truth. So now you can find me in the yard going back & forth, back & forth following Jimmy around as he makes his regular rounds, not for exercise but just feeding the squirrels, birds, cats and just working around the house & yard in general.

Now where did I put those marshmallow Peeps?

2 comments:

Susie said...

Hi Sandy,
I love getting outside on these spring-like days. There are so many things just beginning to bloom. I have some of those mini dafs and they're nearly done blooming.
OK, off to take our walk!
xo

Cheyenne said...

You guys are ahead of us weatherwise. Our flowers won't be blooming for quite some time yet. It rained all day, very hard at times. And now we get to go back to 30+ degree weather.