Sunday, April 26, 2009

An infectious Smile...no pun intended Laurel

This morning while visiting friends on Facebook my sister-in-law's profile picture caught my eye. Looking at her smile made me smile too, and it also reminded me of this poem that was once and probably still is being passed around on the internet.

I'd like to share this poem with you because it gives all of us such good advice. Since first reading this little poem I've made an effort to smile more. Why not, it doesn't hurt or cost anything, and gives everyone so much pleasure. Try it and you'll see how infectious a smile can be.

Smile For You

Smiling is infectious; you catch it like the flu,
When someone smiled at me today, I started smiling too.
I passed around the corner and someone saw my grin
When he smiled I realized I’d passed it on to him.
I thought about that smile then I realized its worth,
A single smile, just like mine could travel round the earth.
So, if you feel a smile begin, don’t leave it undetected
Let’s start an epidemic quick, and get the world infected!

Author Unknown

2 comments:

Susie said...

Love this poem and also Laurel's sweet smile :)
xo

Anonymous said...

like the poem, I always try to smile at strangers.Winking got me in trouble,lol