Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pictures from my past....

Diane holding baby sister Susie, Jerry & Ron

As most of you know, or may not know, I came from a large blended family and also have one other brother, Gilbert, who isn't pictured here on this post, but just click on his name and you will see a picture of Gil & his wife Jenny. Gil was not part of this family except that he was my brother and remained with his mother when my father took me and my brother Dennis and moved out. I didn't meet my new family, the Shattler's until I was about 10 or 11 years old depending on what month we moved in there. I really don't remember.

Dennis (Tomas), Me, an uncle, Diane, Gladys my stepmom, Jerry & Ron

The shyest member of the family

My older brothers Dennis & David



A friend, Dennis & David


Here we all are except for my stepmom who was taking the picture.
L-R: Diane, David, Jerry, Me, Dennis, Daddy, Ron.
I wonder what bus brought us to this base? haha
We always had a station wagon...remember those things? I don't know if they make them anymore.


This is my brother David with our little sister Susie...isn't she cute?

Just in case you didn't catch all the members of my blended family, here's the lineup:
My Sisters: Diane & Susie
My brothers: Dennis, David, Ron, Jerry, Gilbert
My stepmom and my dad.

I also had one other sister, Margo Sandra, who died when she was a toddler.

The times I spent with the Shattler family were some of the happiest days of my life. Being around so many kids made it feel like you had friends over at the house all the time. I was a loner and had a hard time keeping friends because my dad moved my brother & I around so much. When we moved in with the Shattler's it finally felt like home, and daddy would always take us all on weekend trips that were always lots of fun. I'll never forget those days...and lucky me I still have the Shattler's in my life today.

No comments: