Saturday, December 12, 2009

That's what I get for 'clicking around.'

Facebook has made some recent changes to its settings, so I decided to explore the inner workings of fb and I was just clicking around here and there to see what this and that was, and what it would do if I clicked this or that. I clicked some things on, and then I would click them back off. I really made no changes, so I thought until I went back to the HOME page and then I saw them....My blog posts, 22 of them to be exact. How could that happen? I only clicked some BLOG FEED for an instant, stuck my blog URL in the space provided and it said that I didn't have the right somethingerother, that facebook couldn't recognize so I clicked it back off thinking that nothing happened. Thank God I clicked it back off because in that instant it miraculously copied 22 of my blog posts to facebook. I tried to figure out a way to remove them to no avail, but maybe I didn't look hard enough. I panicked and quickly signed out of facebook before anyone saw me. You know how when you fall, you quickly get up, look around to make sure nobody saw you fall? That's how I felt, just like that.

The reason I'm blogging about it is because I'm testing the waters to make sure that I did "click it" back off, that I undid what I thought I undone. That doesn't sound right. I'm making sure that this post won't show up on facebook and if it does then I need to holler for help.

I wonder how soon I'll know if this post is staying right here where it belongs. Maybe I'll just go hide in the closet and wait for awhile.

3 comments:

tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

I saw that big screen and wondered what it was about. But I knew I did not want FaceBook in my life no more than it is now. A few days after seeing that notice I saw it on another blog but is was a blog about what Facebook was doing, "Up to no good." was the best I could come up with. Everyone thinks they are going to improve on a good thing so they add this and that. I refuse to update my Microsoft Vista because every time I do it adds a ball and chain to the speed of my computer.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I think that I'm about to stop all automatic updates too on Vista and XP.

Anonymous said...

This is too funny. lol I had to laugh :)