Monday, June 14, 2010

My computer said, "Beware"

Well my computer said it would be harmful and asked me if I really wanted to proceed and at first I said, "NO" and then I thought about it for another second and I went back and tried it again and said, "YES" to the download. After I downloaded the file I saw where I only had to hit the button that said, "Start Your Free Scan Now." Dummy me.
I'm wondering if I'm going to be sorry or not, but so far my computer is lightning fast because of a commercial I saw on TV for pcmatic. It's from PC Pitstop and is supposed to make your computer run faster by cleaning up stuff that you've mysteriously collected, like unwanted files & cookies and it's FREE. There was a list of stuff it was supposed to clean up and tweek, and whether it did it or not I really don't know. All I know is that it did improve the speed of my laptop, and I'm really impressed.

I'll let you know later if it was a harmful program to download and use.


2 comments:

Ava said...

It's so scarey to proceed when the pop ups tell you to beware. I'll be curious to see how it does for you.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I'm satisfied with my laptops speed at the moment but it's not as fast as it was the day I used pcmatic dot com. It was VERY quick that day loading pages (especially on the net). I guess it doesn't last and you have to use it all the time.