Sunday, June 13, 2010

Can you meet me halfway....?

It's a another beautiful overcast day here in Kentucky, and it's hot to boot. When the temps are in the 80's and above, I love it when it's overcast, and we have cloud cover as an added bonus to an otherwise beautiful day.

Today we are resting and waiting. We're resting because it's Sunday and because we just want to. That's one of the nicest things about being retired, that we can pretty much do whatever we feel like doing any day of the week. Jimmy is napping right now and I took a short nap around 8 a.m. this morning and now I'm waiting for him to wake up for no particular reason.

We got one of our most difficult jobs done this morning and we feel very satisfied and pleased with ourselves....We Frontlined Jybow. It's a monthly thing and we've threatened to take her into the vet each month to let him do it for us. She avoids us if she thinks it's that time of the month and when we finally capture this very tame kitty she fights us tooth and nail but she never extends her claws out at all. Jimmy just hates doing something to his kitty that upsets her so much. He's a big pussy cat himself. Jybow has already forgiven me and has been up here rubbing on me while I've been trying to type her story.

Well Jimmy is up and moving around again so I will say goodbye for now. We have one cat left to Frontline this morning if we can find her. Oh, and by the way, this isn't a Frontline add because we alternate between using Frontline Plus and Advantage Multi for Cats each month and we treat every cat that we can catch who frequents our yard.

Have a nice day.

3 comments:

tomlaureld@yahoo.com said...

Some cats you have to treat them as they nap.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

This cat has a terrific nose and can smell the stuff a mile away. There's no catching it by surprise while it naps.

JunieRose2005 said...

That's what I need to do for my cats!!

Glad yer able to just take it easy and do what you want-whenever you want! We're pretty much that way too. LOL-but right now I have to go do some garden work- NOT so much that I WANT to but I enjoy seeing the results of it!


Junie