Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Scouring the countryside for campsites

Brian, Reva & Brandon invited Jimmy & I to ride along with them today as they went in search of a nice cool shady campsite. They plan on doing some camping this summer and wanted to check out the available campsites at Levi Jackson State Park. I think they found the perfect spot with the bathhouse and play area close by and lots of other activities for the children to do.

We all picked the hottest day of the year to go riding our motorcycles together but we had fun anyway. The hottest times were when we stopped so we tried not to stop too much. We also started out on our ride at 8:30 a.m. and we were home by 3:45 p.m. and all worn out....except for Jimmy of course. He never gets worn out. He came home and while I flung myself against the air conditioner he made a trip to Walmart to pick up a few things and then he went out to mow the lawn. It makes me tired just watching him, hahaha. I'm still flung against the a/c and you would be too! It's 100 degrees out there or pert near close, as Jimmy would say.

See how energetic Jimmy looks! I bet Brian, Reva & Brandon went home and are taking a nap. I wouldn't blame them at all. It was much too hot to ride today. OH!....and these pictures were all taken at the beginning of our ride. We all look the color of lobsters now.

1 comment:

Alipurr said...

wow!! jimmy's busy day makes me want to take a nap in the A/C, haha. The kids and I have been trying to go out and be outside first thing in the morning most days