Saturday, November 27, 2010

Wrong Place, Wrong Time?

Well Thanksgiving is over and yesterday Jimmy & I went window shopping just to see what we could see on Black Friday and what we found were NO BIG CROWDS.  Perhaps we went into all the wrong stores but we walked through a variety of different types of stores.  We found bargains galore, but we didn't need nor want anything other than to just walk around and look.

Several years ago, Suzanne, Jimmy and I, got up in the wee hours of the morning and went to the Black Friday sales and WE COULDN'T MOVE in the store.  We were sandwiched between other customers all searching for the sale items we all had on our lists.  It was very exciting and fun and we all walked away with smiles on our faces and I even bought things that I didn't need nor want.  There was one thing that Suzanne and I noticed during the following week though.  The sale items that we risked our lives to buy on that Black Friday were still on sale a week later.  The small $5 items were all gone but the big ticket items were still there stacked up in between the aisles and still on sale for the same price.  That year we learned that we didn't have to get out at 3:00 a.m. and I also learned that I could shop for the same sale items from the warmth of my own home online.

One thing about the Black Friday sales....They are fun and exciting events to attend, and sometimes you really do find a good bargain.

No comments: