Friday, December 16, 2011

Feeling a little better about my BLOG

Even though I can't get my picture, at the top, centered the way I like it, at least I'm on my way back to recovering my old blog look....sort of.  I tried centering it but then they gave me the option of using it as a background, so that's exactly what I've done.  You can't see it very well, but most of you know what it looks like anyway.  Here is it just as a reminder, and also to add a little color to this otherwise drabby post.

Abandoned in Pasadena

It's really a beautiful picture, but we haven't seen the water garden look that good since those Alligator Snapping Turtles keep finding their way into it each spring.  They ate all my snails, frogs and  fish, except for one lonely survivor, and they love those tender lily buds before they open and bloom into beautiful flowers.  We can always tell when one is in there because the turtles start nibbling at the edges of the lily pads. Another way we can tell that there's one in there too, is when Jimmy gets nipped while trying to cut off old water plant stems, and once that happens, he gets a little gun shy and stops sticking his hands in the water.

Hope everyone is having a nice day.

No comments: