Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Long Time

I just noticed that it has been several days since I have been on here to blog.  Not much has changed in my life, it's all still about the same.  Jimmy has good days and bad days, and I try to keep my head above water as much as I can.

Brian comes to visit and to help in any way he can, every other day or so, which is GREATLY APPRECIATED.  It keeps him out of trouble, hahaha.  Just kidding.   Truthfully, it gives me someone to enjoy eating with, because if anyone loves to eat it is me and Brian.

Yesterday I went with Brandon, Brian & Reva to the bicycle shop on Richmond Road in Lexington, Kentucky.  Brandon had gotten himself a used bicycle and later discovered that it didn't have brakes, so we went to get some brakes for his bike, and afterwards we stopped at Texas Roadhouse to eat.  I also had to stop and pick up a six pack of Frontline Plus for our newest set of kittens.  I had already put a six pack of Advantage Multi on our older cats, but I needed something a little milder for the kittens and their mother.  The kittens are so small that I used just one tube on 4 kittens and another tube on the biggest kitten and its mother.  One of the kittens is wild and stays hidden so I couldn't treat it at all.  I was afraid to use a whole tube on each kitten as I had planned, but it all worked out because today they are not spending all of their time scratching.

While at the bike shop we looked at everything.  I found a beautiful carrying bag that I really liked, but I didn't buy it after I looked at the price tag :(  The bag would have been for me.  I did buy Brandon a new seat, a water bottle holder w/ 2 bottles, front and back lights, a speedometer, plus the brakes.  I wanted to buy him more things, like this neat sounding horn, a bike helmet, bike rack, and a lock n chain,  but Brandon kept telling me that he didn't need all those things and I guess he is right.  He said he would get the lock and chain at Walmart and not at this bike shop.

I had a nice day out and Jimmy got to spend the day with his daughter Sandie.  I won't be going out without Jimmy on a regular basis, but maybe just every once in a while.

Yesterday the "POS Man," as Carson calls the U.P.S. guy,  delivered the gas grill that I bought for the Powell's for their camper/travel trailer.  It's a gas grill with a hose that attaches to a connection on the side of their camper and uses the camper's propane tanks.....or you can use these small one time use throw away portable propane tanks.  The grill is made to mount to the side of the RV, but you can put it on a table if you'd rather.   It's called a Camco Olympian RV 5500 Stainless Steel Gas Grill.  Suzanne thinks it's perfect! and I'm glad that she loves it.  Maybe one day Jimmy and I will get to eat a grilled hotdog by the lake.         

No comments: