Thursday, November 06, 2014

One day at a time.....

It's wet outside here too as it is in Western Kentucky, but at the moment it's not raining and it's not that cold out.  

I feel pretty good this morning.  I stayed up late and had a nice long talk with my sister, and for the first time in a very long time I slept until 5:30 a.m.  I still have not dreamed of Jimmy, which is my goal in life.  You would think that he would be all that I dream about since he is always on my mind, but I can't pull this little task off.  I must not be sleeping deep enough to dream.  One thing that I do know is that I am not sleeping very much at all, and I'm working on that. 

I'm drinking coffee, watching the news and listening to music right now.  Jimmy and I always loved music and that's how we met when he singled me out and asked me to dance.  He was a wonderful dancer and we fit perfectly together, and 20 years of marriage proved that.   So last night I got his MP3 player out, put on some headphones and I listened to his music all evening.  He has so many songs on it that I still haven't heard all of them yet.  It makes me feel closer to him now listening to the music that he listened to as he rode his motorcycle around town and around the U.S.  Right now I'm listening to Pandora Radio and my own selection of songs, but as I work around the house today I'll put the headphones back on and listen to his music.

Missing him terribly........

No comments: