Sunday, December 27, 2015

The Sweetest Babysitter ever

Since Steve left me for another woman, Rick has been right by my side trying to cheer me up, and in the hopes that some how Steve and I can reconcile and get back together.  I don't know how that can possibly happen unless Steve wants it to happen.  The ball is in Steve's court and it is up to him to make up his mind who he really wants to spend the rest of his life with.....me or her?

I am having a hard time dealing with all the hurt I have had to deal with since Jimmy died in October of 2014, and now with the hurt of finding out about Steve's new love.  At the moment Steve has the flu and I want to take care of him because I love him, but it is no longer my place to do that.  I have to stay away from him.

Rick has been such a good friend to me.  He has been there for me through thick and thin without question.  He gave up Christmas with his own family to help me get through this Christmas without Jimmy and without Steve.  I am looking at Rick in a new light with much greater respect and admiration for what he has done for me.  Rick is truly a very good friend, and a friend that I will cherish forever.  I want to publicly thank Rick for being there for me, and for not taking sides.  He's Steve's friend also, first and foremost, and my friend second.   I could go on and on about Rick, but there is no room here for everything that he has done for me.  He is a great friend and I am proud to know him and to be by his side.   

No comments: