Thursday, March 17, 2016

My temper

On Monday afternoon I asked someone very close to me if I could borrow $20, and they refused to lend it to me, and instead handed me a $10.  It hurt me that they thought my request was too much, but I was told that I didn't have to pay back the $10, but I needed $20, so I tore up the $10 in anger.  Then I drove this person to the bank and gave them a $20 for the $10 they had given me....they took it.  After I got home I taped up the $10 and spent it on Tuesday.  

This incident told me all I needed to know about this person.  That they are not someone I can count on, and that I am not even worth $20 to them.  I had all the intentions of paying the $20 back, and I know they had the funds to loan it to me if they had wanted to.

I have never borrowed any money from this person in all the months I have known them, nor have I ever asked for any, so it wasn't like I owed them anything.  In fact, I don't think I have EVER borrowed any money from anyone in my life.  This was a first for me and I guess this is why I lost my temper.  I have always been the person other people come to borrow from,  some have paid me back, and some haven't, but I was always glad to help them.

No comments: