Tuesday, April 05, 2016

It's getting easier

Everyday it's getting better for me.  Absence does not make the heart grow fonder, not when you know that it is over.  I got a good nights sleep last night for a change and I feel lazy this morning.  I don't have any plans for the day and will just take things as they come.  I really should do some house cleaning as these cats shed hair and spread cat litter around on their paws.  If it wasn't for the cats I wouldn't have anything to clean up after.  I would just have dust and I do hate dusting.  Jimmy liked to dust, but he's not here and I do miss him, not for his dusting, but just because life was so much easier and enjoyable with him....and I loved him very much.

Yesterday I picked up someone who didn't have anything to do and we went and shot some pool together.  It passed the time and it was fun.  I'm getting better at shooting pool and I can even call the pockets now.  

I spend my days trying to do something nice for someone.  To lend a helping hand wherever needed.  It makes me feel good to be of help to someone, and it gives me something to do, so they are also helping me.  When I am busy doing for others, I don't have time to feel sorry for myself and dwell on how life has been so unfair to me.  I look around and I see that others don't have as much as I do, or have the resources and money coming in as I do, and that's when I realize that I don't have it so bad after all.  It's just my emotional well being that is in jeopardy.

No comments: