Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Accidents Happen

I had a collision with an SUV yesterday, but that won't stop me from riding.  I was thankfully not hurt seriously as could have happened when a motorcycle collides with an SUV.  I am a little sore here and there, but there are no broken bones.  

The man in the SUV was very nice and since he had a green light on the main road, which is the Eastern By-pass, he of course, I assume,  had the right of way....oh, he was also on a side street crossing straight thru the Eastern By-pass to where I was.  I was on a side street and had come up to a 3 way stop.  I stopped looked all four ways and saw nothing but 3-4 cars on my right stopped for a red light going onto the bypass.  The other 3 intersections were clear with no cars.  I was going straight across.  The green light wasn't visible to me as it was across on the Eastern By-pass and also the 4 cars that were stopped at the red light were blocking my view of the oncoming SUV.  The driver of the SUV also said that the 4 stopped cars were also blocking his view as I proceeded straight ahead after I had stopped.  He came straight across Eastern By-pass from another road on the other side of the bypass.  He hit me broadside on my right back fender and made the bike wobble as if it were going to topple over.  I must have turned my front wheel in the right direction as I kept the bike upright, it wobbled a bit, but  came to a stop.  If I had seen the SUV I would have never gone across, but I didn't, and if I had seen it about to hit me I would have given my bike more gas, sped up and missed being hit, but it caught me by surprise.  The SUV also didn't see me and didn't have time to apply his brakes until after the collision.  

It was clearly an accident and I didn't leave the house planning on running into an SUV.  I wasn't driving carelessly either and I stopped at every stop sign and looked before I proceeded, but you can't tell that to everyone who assumes that everything that accidentally happens to me is on purpose, as if they have never made any mistakes in their lives.  I didn't need to be re-primanded right after the wreck.  What I needed was someone to ask me if I was okay and not hurt.  I needed someone to comfort me and tell me that they were glad that I wasn't hurt, but instead I had to hear how I "dented up the fender" (that they had worked so hard to paint I know), and "if I would have been more careful the bike wouldn't have gotten hit."  I was clearly aware of my dented fender and I felt bad that it happened, but it's just a material possession that can be replaced.  My life cannot be replaced! and that should have been the main concern.

The fender wasn't bent against the tire so I was able to ride the bike over to McDonald's.  I went inside and got us two cups for water, but then when I went to sit down at the table I was immediately bombarded with, "I saw you both, and both of you didn't even look where you were going," and that's all it took.  I turned around, told him I was going home and I went on home without him.  We didn't speak to each other the whole night and we are still not talking this morning, and all because I put a dent in the fender which he had worked so hard painting.  I knew that and I felt really bad about that. 

Accidents happen, but I have had 4 accidents in the last 2 years, all minor, but maybe it's time for me to give up and head for the safety of the rocking chair.  Knowing me the rocking chair would break and I would get blamed for being too heavy and fat, while lying there with a broken hip.

How much does it take for me to just go ahead and admit that someone doesn't care dingle squat about me, only for the toys I have.  I want to give him a chance, but it's been over a year now and he still doesn't care dingle squat about me. 

I have to admit that he called me on his way to work this morning to ask me if I had left my bike out all night and also wanted to know if I had locked up the building last night.  He gave me his ground rules about riding from now on, and also told me that I am very stubborn.  It wasn't a pleasant conversation and only one to belittle me once more, and not to ask how I was feeling.  Well at least now I know that if I want to go riding by myself I am free to do so now.  There are many times when I want to just go riding to visit Jimmy, or just to talk to God as I ride.  I'm not one who needs someone to ride with although having someone along makes the ride more fun.   

Going from having someone who was very positive and optimistic all the time (Jimmy), to someone who is filled with negativity 24/7  stinks.  I can't understand how someone can be filled with so much hate for everyone, even strangers.  There is no pleasing a person like that.  They want things, you buy them and it's not enough, they're still full of criticism about the gift.  For once it would be nice to get a genuinely happy smile, and a thank you after you buy them a gift.   He expects me to give 200% with his contribution at less than 10%.  I wouldn't complain normally, but this is all getting to me and causing me much physical as well as mental pain.  The stress is too much and making me physically ill.  It's getting harder and harder to cope with someone who is so negative all the time.
        

No comments: