Saturday, February 24, 2018

Good Morning

I woke up to rain this morning and a partially flooded yard.   It's not nearly as bad as I've seen it other times.  Just a few puddles here and there.  It's warm out, or maybe I should say that it's not frigid out there, because for some 58 degrees isn't all that warm, and especially when it is all wet out there.

Of course you already know that the goose got run over.  It was such a sweet and friendly little goose.  I don't know why I want to call it little because it wasn't little at all, but it was about the friendliest goose I've seen in a very long time.  I did have a pet Canada Goose once who was also very sweet, but this Chinese Goose wasn't a pet of mine.  It just happened to land here with its mate.  I really do think that something has also happened to the goose's mate because she has never returned and the last time we saw her was in a neighbor's yard towards town who has dogs that like to eat geese for breakfast.  In fact that's how the goose got the injuries around his neck, in the jaws of the neighbors dog.  He was a lucky goose that time, but was no match for a car or truck.

This week I've been helping Rick at work again since his back is still hurt.  Eddie gave him some light jobs to do, getting ready for Open House this weekend.  Nothing big, just sweeping and mopping up foot-prints off new floors in $350,000 - $500,000 homes so they look good for prospective home buyers.  The homes may cost more than that,  I don't know, but 4 of them were like mansions.  I always get lost in one of those houses and that's the one I'd like to live in.  We had 6 empty brand new houses to do.  The bad thing about spending the day in those nice homes is that when I get back to my little house I feel like I live in a broken down shack.  It was an easy job except for those that had stairs.  My knees don't like stairs anymore, but I do like seeing how the other half lives, and it does get me out of the house and off the couch.

All is quiet here on the home front this morning.  I'm about ready for some coffee, but I just wanted to write a few words here before I started my day.  "God Bless and Good Night," as Red Skeleton would say.  (I know it's morning)

No comments: