Thursday, February 22, 2018

THE WEATHER.....nothing much else is new

We've just had three of the prettiest and warmest days on record for February.  On Tuesday we hit the 80 degree mark, which was great.  The only thing that I can see that happened in these last 3 days is that some of the daffodils bloomed out.  Maybe they were supposed to, because I do seem to recall them poking their blooms up through the snow sometimes.

Today it's back to cold again, and the A/C got turned off yesterday afternoon and this morning the heat got turned back on.  It's 48 and raining right now and my cat Jybow tried to sneak in the house.  I accidentally left the front door ajar and she worked at it and made it into the house.  I guess she thinks that it's too cold out, but she was outside with all of the other cats when the temps were down in the zero and below zero range, and she did fine.  Normally I would think that 48 degrees was warm for a winter day, but I'm cold too this morning.

It's going on 9:00 a.m. now and Rick is still in bed.  I stayed up all night, part of the time watching the 2018 Winter Olympics and the rest of the night watching Netflix movies and then the early morning news.  Rick is just my friend and nothing more.  That's the way he wanted it, so that's the way it is.  I personally wanted a man in my life, someone to love, but it is what it is.....just a friendship with no benefits.  I don't even have anyone to snuggle with on cold winter nights, and sometimes it gets to me, but most times I'm satisfied with this arrangement.  

Jybow has now settled down in her cat bed on the front porch with a young tomcat to keep her warm.  She's a lucky cat, but she doesn't think so.

The goose has been honking loudly all morning.  He started before daybreak before it got light.  He wants his mate and can't seem to find her.  Maybe he doesn't realize that she might be nesting, and that he needs to go to her.  Or maybe he just is yelling in the hopes that some neighbor might give him some bread to shut him up.  Rick won't let me give the goose anymore bread, so I give him a cup of cracked corn to supplement his diet....the goose, not Rick.    He seems to eat it as long as it is not all piled up in a mound.  He likes it scattered in the grass so that he can pick it up one piece at a time.  I guess we all have our habits and like things a certain way too.

Lilly, the neighbors dog hasn't escaped her fence in the last 3-4 days.  She used to hang out with my little tomcat and they would play, but one day she decided she liked the goose better and started following him everywhere, even across my very busy road.  Her owners must have got wind about that and reinforced her enclosure much better.

So that's my life.  It's okay and I'm okay.


No comments: