Saturday, May 05, 2018

My, how time flies.....

I can't believe that it has been 2 months since I have posted here!  Wow, time goes by so fast when you get older.  Anyway, lots of things have been happening around these here parts.  My brother Dennis & his wife Laurel joined the Toyota group of family members and also bought themselves a Prius this past week or so.  It's silver and very pretty.  We all have different colors and that's good so the cars won't get mixed up, since they all look the same.

Dennis is still busy trying to ready his backyard swimming pool and get rid of the green inside it, and I am still mowing the green on a weekly schedule (I'm referring to the grass in my yard, of course).

I've been fishing with Rick several times, but the fish weren't biting yet.  Other fisherman tell us that the water needs to be warmer before the fish will bite.  Our red worms and nightcrawler are getting anxious in the cooler waiting to become bait.  So far they have stayed alive for about 4 weeks.

Everyone in the family is doing fine except for Brian & Reva who still suffer from their different ailments on a daily basis.  I wish they felt good so they could enjoy life like the rest of us can.  All I can offer them is to keep them in my daily prayers and pray that one day they will wake up feeling great.

I only have 2 cats left.....Jybow & Squeak.  There are also 2 small tomcats around here, who are much too small for their ages.   One is black n white and the other is a solid dirty gray color with very long hair.  Both hide when the larger, more muscular tomcats come around, so they are safe and unharmed.  My females, Jybow & Squeak are spayed and very healthy, but they also hide from the large tomcats.  Recently one of my favorite females, Little Harley was found dead in my backyard.  She was a very healthy 3 year old cat with no problems.  She was also my best hunter and we will miss her very much.  We suspect that she might have possibly had some kind of a sudden accident, because there were no marks or blood on her body.

I'm sure there is plenty of other news, but my old brain can't seem to remember everything at this moment, lol.  I don't worry about that because when I wake up each morning, everything is new and beautiful again, and I am thankful for each new day.


No comments: