Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Major water leak repair

I thought I had solved the problem of a water leak only to find out that the leak was coming from another source, my garden bathtub.  The leak got so bad that now Rick has some major structural floor repairs to do.  He repaired the water leak, but now it's time to remove all the rotten wood.  It's not as easy job.  I guess men don't like these kinds of jobs and I can't blame them very well.  

Here are a couple pictures of Rick tearing out the rotten wood.  Things have to dry out a bit before he can continue.  Some of the structural flooring is just a little wet and some is destroyed completely.



It looks awful doesn't it?  The entire bathroom floor will have to be replaced once these repairs are complete.

Rick is a little upset at me for not letting him know about the wet floor just as soon as I noticed it.  He's not saying anything to me or fussing at me, but I know deep down he is probably cussing me under his breath for causing him so much work.

One thing I have learned is that there is always work (repairs) to do on an old house to keep it in shape.  Rick can hardly keep up with all the things that need repairing around here, and I can't afford to hire it done by an outside source.  All I can do is to try and help him by getting tools for him or holding something down or in place for him.  Sometimes I also just have to get out of his way and let him work. 

No comments: