Monday, September 23, 2019

MILESTONE

Well tomorrow is my birthday again.  I just can't believe how fast these past 5 years have passed by so quickly.  It seems as you get older the years pass by faster & faster, in record time.  I'm sure it's the same for everyone, but why is it that when we are young the days, weeks and years pass by so slowly?  Maybe time seems to go by so fast because we are trying to squeeze so many activities in a days time.  I know that when you are bored or waiting for someone to stop by, the hours seem to stand still.  I look at the clock and it says it's 2:00 p.m. and then 15 minutes later I look at it again and it is just 2:02 p.m., then when I think it has got to be 3 o'clock, it's only 2:15.  The slow days are rare, and very far and in between.

I have reached a milestone......75 years old.  Three-quarters of a century, seven and a half decades.  Just 25 more years to go and I will be older than dirt, hahaha.  I'll be an antique and finally maybe worth something.  I'm only kidding.  I've always been worth something, and I've had a good life full of love & happiness.  Of course, in everyone's life there is heartache, but I've weathered the storms and have come out victorious and very blessed.  I once thought that I would have to work until the day I died, but Jimmy blessed me with a moderate income.  It's not excessive, but just enough for me to get by and I am very thankful of that.  He was a good man and no one could ever say different, or would they want to.

Even tho it's not officially my birthday, I did celebrate with Brian, Reva & Brandon last Friday.  Brian had a doctors appointment nearby, so we met and went out to eat afterwards at Brandon's favorite Mexican Restaurant.  We had a good time.  I hope to see or hear from my two daughters tomorrow, since tomorrow is officially my birth day.  I always enjoy hearing from my children, and other family members too, because it brings me great joy, more joy than anyone can even imagine.  So for today I wait, but for me the time is passing by very quickly.  I must not be bored :)

Below are some pictures from last Friday.  That's whipped cream smeared on my face.  After the staff sang happy birthday to me in Spanish, and I really don't know what they were singing, one of them shouted and pointed, "Look!  There's John Travolta," and when I turned to look he smacked my face with whipped cream just like you do with a pie in the face.  What a surprise!  I didn't know what hit me until I felt the big blob of whipped cream fall from my face and land on my shirt.  I was caught by surprise and it was totally unexpected.  I've never known of anyone, or heard of anyone getting smacked in the face with a whipped cream pie on their birthday, have you?  





  

1 comment:

Cheyenne said...

Happy Birthday!

My birthday is today and I am two years older than you. I know exactly what you mean about the days flying by so quickly. I wish we could slow them down a bit.