Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Glad it's over.......

Well today was the big day, and it was better than I had expected.  I was surprised at all of the people who wished me a Happy Birthday and by the funny videos that my daughter Sharon sent to me.  If I knew how to post them here, I would, but I don't.  I did post them on Facebook tho.

The celebration started, as I have already mentioned in a previous post, on Friday with my son Brian and his family.  We went to a Mexican Restaurant, and today Suzanne & Carson took me to a different Mexican Restaurant.  I think Carson wanted to see me get smeared with whipped cream again, but I ducked away from the waiter and told him no.  The waiter then went after Carson and he got smeared with the whipped cream.  Carson thought it was funny and so did Suzanne & I.  We also had a very good time.

My early bird daughter, Sharon, as I mentioned above, sent me 3 birthday videos by 7:30 a.m.  Two of the videos were very funny and they made me laugh.  She has a knack for making funny videos and making me smile.

I took some pictures of my day today which I will post below.  Just a reminder to some of my family, who may want to post the pictures on Facebook.  I am asking you to please not post any pictures that have Suzanne in them because she hates to be put on Facebook.  If you must post some of them, just be sure to crop Suzanne out of any picture.

All in all my day was wonderful.  Since Friday I have felt more normal than I have felt in several years now.  I think my life is finally making a turn for the best.  I am finally getting over my grief and ready to live again.

I also visited the cabin later this afternoon before I came home.  It has all grown into a jungle out there.  I don't visit there very often, maybe once a year or so.  I was curious to see if the pond had dried up because of the drought, but it hasn't.  It's Spring fed and the pond level never drops, but of course we haven't ever been without rain for this length of time.  I was surprised to see that it wasn't covered in moss either.  The neighbor must be treating the pond because I saw his small boat parked on the pond bank on his side of the pond.  

Here are some of the pictures that I took today.









No comments: