Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Addiction is not an easy thing to live with for everyone involved.

My son is showing some improvement, or at least he is staying away from the bottle as far as I can tell.  It took an arrest, two hospital stays and the repossession of his car to get him this far.  I'm sure that he still has a long way to go, but I'll accept any little improvement no matter how small it is.  
Having an addiction is hard for any family to cope with, especially for the addicted person, but we are all here to help him in any way that we can.  It's taken some hard choices on my part.  I've had to stay strong and stay firm with the "tough love" I was dishing out.  I'm sure that I will still have to put my foot down at some point again and say NO NO NO, but that's just what I have to do.  Giving in is not an option.

No comments: