Saturday, February 01, 2020

Always be there to lend a helping hand or to lend an ear

Another month has gone by and this time it seems like we are making progress on all fronts.  Rick & I are getting along much better with his accepting my responsibilities as a mother, and my son is doing much better too.  He has stopped asking me to drive him to the liquor store.  I never gave in and I won't!!!

My son and I go to the library and shop together for groceries.  At the library he checks out DVD movies to watch at home and on payday I drive him around to pay all of his bills.  The bills always get paid first as it should be.  How he spends the rest of his money is his choice and all I ask him to do is to divide it out and make it last for the entire month.  He is having a bit of trouble with that, but eventually I hope he will succeed.  I remember when Jimmy died that I had trouble making ends meet with the cut in pay by his death, but with the help of my brother Ron I finally made it.  Ron brought over groceries with each of his visits and I'll never forget that.  I owe him many thanks for being there for me.  Now it's time for me to be there for my son.

No comments: