Monday, December 14, 2020

Brian's ashes going to Reva's today

 Today Brian's ashes will be leaving my home and going to rest with his wife of 38 years, Reva Hatcher and his son Brandon Hatcher.  I'm sure that Reva will want to hold on to them for a while before she will be ready to part with them, if she ever is able to part with Brian's ashes.  It's not easy letting them go.


I had said to Rick, that Brian would be taking his last ride with me today, but then Rick quickly interrupted me and said, "Brian will be with you always.  He'll always be riding with you.  You forgot that he is in your heart, that heart you wear around your neck too."



Yes, that's right.  We put some of Brian's ashes into this small urn heart.  The engraved message on the heart says exactly what I'm feeling, "Your Wings were ready, but my Heart was not."  This urn heart also came with a tiny one and one half inch tall urn which we put more of Brian's ashes into.  That way if something happens to my little heart, and they accidentally get spilled out or something, I have more ashes that I can use in another necklace. 


Here's that little urn.  It has the same inscription on the urn as the little heart necklace.  

Below is a picture of Brian's headstone.  It is already set and ready next to his dad's grave.  Sometime in the Springtime we will all get together and have a graveside memorial service for Brian, and we will bury some of his ashes there at that time.  I still have a hard time believing that Brian is gone, even tho it is now set in stone.



No comments: