Monday, May 23, 2022

Missing Reva Hatcher

 I love playing a game called, Words with Friends  


and I will play with anyone now, but for several years I played this daily game with my daughter-in-law, Reva Hatcher.  

Reva is gone now and everyday as I play with strangers online, I can't help but think of Reva and how much I miss her.  

Reva was a daily presence in my life and as long as she played Words with me I knew that she was fine.  Occasionally Reva would be admitted to the hospital for various reasons and on those days when she didn't respond to a game I knew that something was wrong, and I would call or text her and Gloria, her friend, would always respond and tell me that Reva was sick or in the hospital.

After Brian died Reva and I texted quite a bit, but our texting waned over time.  I asked Reva about this and she told me that I made her more depressed because I reminded her too much about Brian and how much she missed him.  I completely understood what she meant and what she was feeling because I went through the same feelings each time that I was around my own family.  My family was just too much of a reminder of what I had lost, so I avoided them, because it hurt so bad.  I eventually got over this feeling, but in the meantime several years had gone by to my surprise.  Now that I want my family around, they have moved on and are busy living their own lives.  I missed a lot of family time and getting to know my great-grandchildren.  It's funny, or maybe I should say, sad, how a death of a loved one can change so much of your life.

Getting back to Reva.......So instead of talking or texting too much after Brian died we kept in touch through playing Words with Friends together.  Reva and I had played Words for several years before Brian's death.  We started playing the game from the games first beginnings on Facebook, so of course I think of her everyday as I click on the Words icon app on my cell phone.  I don't just miss playing Words with her, I miss her in every way just as I miss my son and Jimmy.  


No comments: