Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Family: I love every precious moment that I get to spend with them!!!!!

Since I've been here last I have taken several pictures of beautiful flowers, my two cats Jybow & Squeak, and several videos.  I'm only going to share the most important moments.  

First, because gas prices are getting higher and higher with each passing day, Rick and I drove the Prius to work, that's Rick's work,  I don't work, I just hang around waiting for the year that Rick will eventually retire, and maybe hopefully I'll still be around and able to do things.  On our way home from his job we stopped by KFC for a bite to eat.  The buffet was open for the first time since the beginnings of this Covid-19 pandemic.  


 It's a buffet and we pigged out!  We shouldn't have, but we just couldn't help it.  The food was so good too!  We both decided that we won't be doing that again soon, or we'll weigh 300 lbs for sure.  I even think that the next morning we didn't even bother with breakfast, because we were still full from the buffet.

Next, one of my nieces graduated from High School, Eliana Purcell.  Below is a picture of Eliana, Natasha and Talon at her graduation.  Congratulations Eliana!  I just can't believe how these kids have grown up so fast.  It seems as if my time here on earth is running out and everyday the day just slips away faster than I can think.  Eliana and her siblings are the children of Allison & Jason Purcell, and the grandchildren of Laurel & Dennis Diaz.  We're all so proud of these kids.  

Yesterday I traveled to Boonesboro State Park and visited with my daughter Sharon June who is camping there for a week.  It's Sharon's birthday week and she had so many fun activities planned for her birthday, but that four wheeling accident put a halt to those plans really fast.

Sharon wasn't alone there yesterday.  Megan had stopped in before I arrived and dropped off her two kids, Lyv & Myles, and while I was there Suzanne showed up and then Zac stopped by to drop off Jack, and then Zac had to go on off to an important business meeting in Lexington, Ky.  


I took a picture of the first two great-grandchildren to arrive to spend the week with their grandma Sharon.

I keep forgetting that Sharon is not completely alone while camping.....her cute little pup, Bo is camping there with Sharon.  Bo goes everywhere with Sharon.  That dog has had more outdoor experiences than most people.  There is nothing that dog can't do.  Here is a group picture that Zac took of us before he had to leave.  


And then the last picture is of me after Sharon put my hair in a pony tail so I would feel cooler in the 90 degree heat.

The kids spent their day riding bikes around the campground and seemed to have a great time.  


Lyv had to leave with her dad's mom for a little while and then came back after we had lunch.  Lyv got to go swimming with her granny and she loved it.  She said that she was there with lots of her other cousins and had the best time.

When Suzanne left to go pick up her grandson Carson, Sharon and I loaded up the boys and went into Winchester to Sir Pizza where we picked up a Royal Feast pizza and brought it back to the campground to eat.  The boys, Myles & Jack packed up a lunch (pizza) and rode off on their bikes for their own private picnic, leaving Sharon and I to enjoy a quiet lunch by ourselves.  I stayed until around 4:00 p.m. or maybe a little after and then I started for home.  When I texted Sharon  to tell her that I got home safely, she told me that Suzanne & Carson were on their way back to the campsite.  I'm sure that Carson had a great time playing with his cousins there at Boonesboro, and I wished that I would have stayed longer.

Sharon looked extremely well considering, but she is still very sore and moving about very slowly.  I could still see several bruises even after 3 weeks, and I could just imagine how bruised up and injured she had been.  Her broken bones and spirit will take time to heal, but they will heal and she will see life differently now.  There is nothing like a close call that makes you see life differently, and thru different eyes.  Relationships are better and people are more appreciated, and thankful.  Not that she wasn't thankful and blessed already....sometimes you just can't explain how things change after a close call with death.  

When I got home things didn't go as planned and Rick was upset at me.  But, this morning I found out why and it wasn't me that he was upset at, anyway not entirely me.  We had planned on driving the Prius to London, Ky. around 5:00 a.m. for his job, but we didn't.  

I enjoy going to work with Rick because it's the only time we go anywhere out of the ordinary......out of the ordinary for me anyway, he still has to work but I get a change of scenery.  I miss the days when we worked together because now I don't have anything to fill my time with.  Yes, I could clean house, but what fun is that and who notices anyway?

I miss Brandon Hatcher too & Krystal and if they are reading this.  Sharon will be camping at Boonesboro until Saturday.  Stop by and surprise her.  I'm sure she'd love to see you.  Her birthday is Friday.


No comments: