Tuesday, March 21, 2023

I get sick more these days. Nothing major, just a day or two now and then.

I can't believe that it has been a couple of months since I have visited here.  Nothing much is going on with me.  I get out to go grocery shopping and once in a while I go out to eat, but not very much with todays economy the way it is.  Who can afford to eat at a nice place anymore, and for that matter, who can afford to eat at McDonald's as well.

I saw this little plaque while I was out and I can't really remember where, but I thought it was cute and pretty much tells the truth when your kids are teens.  


 I can't afford to buy things, so I just take pictures.  That's not really true.  I really didn't want it around my house catching dust.  I already have way too many things around here catching dust, and since I'm not a fan of dusting, a picture is much better.....or maybe food is much better.  If it had been made of marshmallows or chocolate I might have considered buying it.

I've been under the weather for the last few days.  It started as indigestion, very bad indigestion, got better for a couple of days and now I have a recurring pain way down in my lower abdomen.  I thought I might have been running a fever yesterday, but today I'm better.  Today I'm eating food instead of a steady diet of Tums and Pepto Bismol.

Speaking of Pepto Bismol and that awful child-proof cap, I fought with that pink bottle all day long yesterday trying to just get the lid opened.  I was finally successful around 9:00 p.m. after trying to get into it since about 7:30 a.m.  I would have cut that plastic bottle open, but I was too weak.  Today is a different story and if it gives me any trouble today, it better be ready to get cut open.

I sleep when I don't feel good, so I slept for most of the day yesterday.  Today the pain is still there but it's much more tolerable and I really only hurt when I cough, sneeze or sit down hard now.  Apparently I have some sort of tenderness somewhere inside of my body that needs to go away.  With so much of that pink stuff, I might be constipated now.  I know.  Too much information.

Anyway, today is a new day.  It's sunny outside and I went out earlier, sat in the sun, and petted my sweet kitty Squeak.  She loves attention.  It's not very warm out, but it should be later this week.  At least the sun is out tho.

As sick as I was yesterday, I managed to drag the full trashcan to the road for pickup.  That might not sound like much, but when you consider that I have to drag it up a hill to the road, it wasn't easy.  Rick was going to do it, but he didn't get home from work until almost 10 p.m.  He's usually home between 5-5:30 p.m. when he rides with one of his co-workers, but he was riding with his boss and his boss is notorious for bringing him home late.

I've already eaten twice today and it's only 2:00 p.m.  The reason I bring that up is because I'm already thinking of maybe finding more food.  See ya later......     

No comments: