Wednesday, May 03, 2023

Happy Birthday Callie

Today we helped Rick's Aunt Callie celebrate her 81st Birthday.  She was surrounded by her whole family and was very happy  and even had a surprise guest stop by who wasn't expected.  We all laughed and had a good time, except for Rick.  Apparently something happened between his sister and him and words were exchanged.  Rick said that he said something to her about her smoking and that she got mad at him.  I really don't think that she was very mad because she spent a lot of time talking to us and she said nice things about Rick the whole evening, so I think Rick just imagined that she was upset at him.  I may be wrong, but she never said anything out of the way about him.

Anyway, all I said to Rick is that I didn't think that she was really mad at him and then he complained to me about me telling them that he was so excited to get to Callie's party that he drove fast to get there.  I did say that, but I didn't think it was anything bad to say.  I told Callie that I was in the shower when she called and that I hurried to get ready and then Rick drove faster than he usually drives to get to her party.  It wasn't a bad thing to say, but Rick apparently thought it was, so he is  again sleeping on the couch.  

When Rick starts lecturing me about things that he heard I said and sounds mad, I just shut up after I explain and admit that I said those things, and that I didn't think there was anything wrong with what I said.  Then I shut up and don't say another thing.  I find that it's better not to say anything more.

So here I am at 3:26 a.m. in my bedroom all alone.  Rick has snuck in here gotten a blanket, pillow and shut my bedroom door.  I heard him behind me getting his things very quietly.  He sleeps on the couch a lot lately.  When he first moved in here it was me who slept on the couch all the time and I loved it there, but now he sleeps there most of the time.

Rick and I fight all the time, but tonight or today we never fought.  I had lots of fun visiting and laughing with his family and so did he I thought.  I guess I was wrong.  It's days like these when I wonder why he is even here.   


 

No comments: