Sunday, May 12, 2024

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

I had a great Mother's Day today.  It all started Saturday night with a call to meet Suzanne & Ray at DQ for coffee and some Mother's Day gifts.  Rick and I had a great time with Suzanne & Ray and I'm hoping that we can do this again more often.

Then first thing this morning my brother Dennis called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day, which was very sweet of him.  Then I received a Mother's Day greeting from my daughter Sharon.  She was camping somewhere out in the deep forests of Kentucky with her husband Scott.  Both my daughters and I exchanged Mother's Day greetings and I thought my day was over, but I soon was invited to spend the day with my youngest daughter Suzanne.

My Mother's Day turned out to be a sort of a family reunion with Suzanne, Ray, Delores, Matt, Victoria, Carol, Johnny, Sharon Powell, Stacey and her kids.  In mid afternoon after everyone had gone, Suzanne, Ray, Delores and myself got hungry and decided to try out the food at the new Mexican Restaurant on exit 77 (off I-75) in Berea, Ky.  Just as we got there Ray noticed Matt's truck in the parking lot and sure enough, him and Victoria were eating inside.  The waitress sat us down in a booth just across theirs, so that was nice.  We took our time eating and visiting.

My day was GREAT!  In fact my whole weekend was GREAT!  I love spending time with family and it was an especially nice surprise to spend some time with Matt & Victoria, without either of them being in a rush.  I really enjoyed that because I don't see Matt much these days and in such a talkative mood either.  When I see him it's usually in passing and he's always running off to do something, but not today.

I also want to say a special "Thank You" to Delores who gave me a brand new top and two pairs of pants.  Everything fit perfectly too.  Suzanne gave me two jars of my favorite jams which I'll be enjoying for quite a while since Rick can't have sweets anymore.  She found my favorite Boysenberry, which is hard to find around here in Kentucky and of course some Peach jam with big chunks of peaches which she thought might make some mighty good fried peach pies.  I'll have to try those sometime.

All in all I had a wonderful Mother's Day and it looked like every mother that I was with also had a very Happy Mother's Day too.   

No comments: