Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Ricky Lee Agee: breakfast & mood swings

It's a beautiful sunny morning after an evening thunderstorm last night.  I was going to get up early and go fishing, but with all the lightning and torrential rains we had last night I'm sure the fish are well fed and won't bite.

Rick and I had our morning coffee out on the front porch.  He sat on the porch swing and I on a bench seat.  Like I said, the morning was beautiful and the temperature was a very comfortable 70 degrees F.

I picked up a few fallen branches in the front yard, retrieved the trashcan from the road, and Rick swept off the front porch and walkway, after our coffee.  Right now Rick is cooking breakfast for us which he does when he's in a very good mood.  

Rick officially retired from his job in mid July and is no longer a prisoner to his job.  

I was about to say that Rick is more relaxed now that he no longer has to get up in the mornings to go to work, but Rick's mood just changed as I was typing this.  I don't know what happened in the kitchen, but I do know that he came out here into the living room and suddenly confronted me about me and Jimmy spending $100,000.00 traveling.  I told him that we didn't spend that much money traveling across the U.S.A. for about 20 years, but maybe we might have.  Rick was referring to my pension money which I withdrew early with heavy taxation & penalties for early withdrawal.  And besides that it wasn't Jimmy who benefited by that money, but my previous boyfriend, whom we were building a new house.  Jimmy did however benefit by the selling of the partially completed house while we were married.

Then Rick brought up the fact that I never said anything to Jimmy when he stopped at McDonald's everyday for coffee, and I tried  to inform Rick that Jimmy DID NOT GO TO McDONALD'S FOR COFFEE.  I had told Rick years ago that Jimmy would ride to McDonald's to buy a newspaper during March Madness, because he loved to read the right ups on the Kentucky Wildcats basketball games, even tho he watched every game himself.  Jimmy only stopped at McDonald's because they had a newspaper machine outside and he would come right back home and read it.  Apparently Rick's friends are mistaken about Jimmy loafing in McDonald's everyday.......that is not true and I should know.

Breakfast is now going to be a quiet breakfast with neither of us talking to each other.  I don't like to argue, but Rick does and he refused to listen to me explain about Jimmy.  He told me he didn't want to hear any explanation from me about anything.  It's a common thing he says to me all the time.  Eight years we have been together and Rick doesn't know much about me, or even the names of my family.  He doesn't want to know anything that concerns me, nor does he want to get to know my family.

Rick is now eating breakfast by himself.  He didn't call me to the table like he usually does.  He gives me orders to stay away until he calls me to the table and now he purposely didn't call me to the table.

What started out as a beautiful morning has turned sour and Rick is mad at me again.  This has been an ongoing problem for us for years.  Perhaps besides being a narcissist maybe he is bipolar as well.

UPDATE:  Rick finally called me to breakfast 15 minutes after he started eating.  It was cold, but it was still good.  We have an agreement on cleanup; when he cooks I do the dishes and cleanup and when I cook I do the cleanup.  Of course he rarely eats what I cook because he's usually not here but visiting with his friends and brother Tommy at McDonald's.  Rick has this notion in his head that I never cooked a day in my life even tho I can show him pictures of all the cooking and family dinners we had at my house.  He just refuses to look at any of my pictures, because he's only interested in looking at pictures of himself......you might think I'm kidding, but I'm not.  

No comments: