Thursday, February 08, 2024

Callie's a good friend

 Everyday I feel awkward, out of place and confined to a living space.  I have no friends except maybe one, Callie Hayes. When I stop in to see Callie she is always excited to see me and makes me feel welcomed.  Callie at the moment is confined to a rehab home and if she does well there she will be going back home.

I really enjoy playing cards with Callie.  She is so much fun to be around, but I only wish that her and I could leave her house once in a while to go eat or just to shop likes she likes to do.  At the moment Callie cannot walk because of some really bad sores that she got on each of her lower legs and also because of all of the swelling which makes it hard for her to walk.  I hope all that is taken care of once she leaves the rehab hospital next week.  She still won't leave her house tho because she doesn't like leaving it empty with no one there to watch it.

Callie is so sweet, just like a grandma, so you can't help but love her.  I hope her daughter and sister find her hearing aids while she is gone because she really needs them.  It's very hard to carry on a conversation with her without them in her ears.  I'm also getting to the point where I have to start thinking about getting some hearing aids for myself very soon.  I can't hear out of my right ear and my left ear is fading fast.  It's so hard for me to hear what people are saying especially if there are a group of people talking all at once.  I can barely keep up with one person; that takes a lot of effort and some guessing at times.  Rick makes fun of me and that makes things worse.

Callie is Rick's aunt and he will probably never go back to see her now that Harold is gone.  I know that Callie would love to see him, but I will visit Callie every chance that I get once she is at home from rehab.

Callie is 82 years old and fading fast, so she is what grandmother Hatcher would call "borrowed time."  So am I tho.  I think Callie thinks more of me than Rick does.  Rick just uses me to get by so that he doesn't have to rely on himself to survive.  He needs my shower, bathroom and a place to cook & eat.  He also needs the use of my vehicles.  He's hinting around me buying him a different truck once I get my Prius paid off, but that's not going to happen.  He has two properties that he can sell to buy his own truck or car.  He doesn't care about my needs and never did, so why should I buy him a new truck.  He thinks that all he has to do for me is to go out and pick up the sticks in my yard, mow and do some cooking and that's all I need.  Well I can hire someone to take care of mowing and I still can cook my own meals, and I can even clean my own house if I so choose, so that's not seeing to my needs or bringing me any joy.  He won't even week eat my yard and make it look as neat as Jimmy & I used to keep it looking.  Rick does a sloppy job on my yard and I know he could do better because he keeps his yard looking very well kept except for all that junk he has pilled up in it.  He has pilled up my yard with junk too and also cluttered up my house with stuff too that makes it hard to clean around.  Rick is a pack-rat.  His sister Barbara says that Rick likes things clean and neat, well I don't know where she gets that because you should see the inside of his little house and also the inside of mine where he scatters all of his mess.

No comments: