Friday, February 09, 2024

My new hobby: Eating Out

I treated myself to a Shrimp Fajita (to go) from my favorite Mexican Restaurant in Berea, Ky. this afternoon.  I ate the shrimp and the green peppers, onions and tomatoes, but I saved the Spanish rice, refried beans, nachos & sauce for later or for tomorrow.  I told them that I didn't want the Pico de Gayo or salad, but I did take the little flour tortillas that are wrapped in foil home.  This time I'll eat them.

 Last week I treated myself to Red Lobster.  I didn't order what I wanted because that order now costs around $47, so I ordered a Southwestern Shrimp Salad which ended up costing me $21 with the taxes and tip included.  That was the cheapest thing that I could find on the menu that included shrimp.  The salad was very good and I plan on ordering it again sometime.  Maybe someday I'll order lobster, king crab legs, shrimp scampi, but not anytime soon.

I think next week that I will treat myself to something from PapaLeno's here in Berea.  I love their baked spaghetti with a side of fresh baked bread that you can dip in butter.  Oooooh!  It's so good.  I also like their Italian sub and also whatever kind of sub that Suzanne orders.

I think my new hobby is picking places to eat that Jimmy used to take me to.  He had good taste and he also loved a good tasting meal from a nice restaurant.

No comments: